Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Post Five

Salve, everyone!  This will be my last post on my blog.  I am going to end my series of posts by telling you briefly of life in prison.

     One must understand that, at least for me, being put into prison was basically a death sentence, especially the Tullianum in the Forum.  The Roman leaders do not expect prisoners to be able to survive for long under rough prison conditions, so they often will send prisoners into prisons to die of disease, starvation, suicide, or one of the many other ailments of living in prison.  I am one of the "lucky (or perhaps unlucky) few" who manage to live as long as two years in prison.  Let me describe this prison for you.  It is dark, cold, cramped, and full of horrid stenches.  Worst, the lack of water and food is unbearable.  The prison food, when I rarely get it, is almost inedible, and the only way I can get food is by having it brought to me by fellow Christians.  If I do get food, it is often stolen by my cellmates before I hardly get anything.  I have know idea how much weight I have lost now, but it is most definately a great amount.  I am so hungry, I cannot even describe to you how hungry I am!  Also, it is very difficult to sleep in these conditions, and when I do sleep, it is not good, solid sleep that reguvenates one's body.  I can barely go on living, and I feel that I am destined to die within the next year or two at most.  Please keep me in your prayers- my life is in God's hands now.  At least I know that I will be happy in heaven.

Possibly for the last time, vale!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my dear friend, how sad your predicament makes me. I know that God has control of everything and that he holds each one of in his hands free from harm but still I am fearful of what may become of you. I do not wish for your death, yet I know that if you do you will be in a better place than you are now. May you feel God's presence and have peace in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My forgotten citation:

    *Bible. 18 May 2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Justinus i appreacite your suggestions in recognizing your god, but i do not believe in you god i belive in the Roman gods. I am as devoted to my gods as you are devoted to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although i am not as hatefull of christians as other i still believe you should not go around trying to influence people to believe in you!
    People shall believe what they want to believe

    ReplyDelete